Rugs might have been designed with the purpose of keeping cold away from indoor spaces but now they do more than that. Think about a home with no rug or carpet on their floors. Its interior décor would be a little off, right? Well, in all honesty, you can play with other design elements to awaken your space but the point is, a good-quality rug from the right manufacturer brings wonders to any home or office.
If you have ever come across a dingy rug, you know it can negatively affect the look of any room, making everything appear dirty and sad. What’s more, it is a looming health hazard to your pets and family members. If you notice your rugs aren’t clean and fresh, better do something about it before the worst happens. Luckily, we have offered a few tips and tricks to help maintain your Manhattan rugs.
There are a few things you must do on the regular if you want your rugs looking clean and gorgeous. These include the following:
• Vacuuming: A vacuum cleaner is a rug’s best friend. Regular vacuuming not only safeguards the durability of your carpet but also improves the air quality of your home.
• Use of doormats in your entryways: To avoid dirt from coming to your home, place doormats at all entrances. Make sure these mats are clean round the clock as well.
• Dealing with spills as they happen: The best thing to do when a spill happens is to deal with it right away. If you wait too long, you will have a harder time trying to get rid of it later on.
Besides regular cleaning, there are other things to do to ensure your Manhattan rugs remain bright and durable for years to come:
• Avoid exposing your rugs to direct sunlight as it can cause fading. When it’s too bright, you might want to close your shades, blinder, or windows.
• Clip tufts as much as you can: Heavy furniture and foot traffic can affect the texture of your rugs; a phenomenon referred to as blooming. To avoid it, use a pair of scissors to clips tufts that protrude from the carpet without pulling them.
• The most effective way to remove odors from carpets is to control the humidity of your home.
Rugs don’t come cheap which is why you should do all you can to maintain their aesthetics and quality for as long as you can. Employ the strategies above and rest easy knowing your investment was worth it.